"memories of tomorrow" starring Ken Watanabe(渡辺謙主演「明日の記憶」)

日本語版:渡辺謙主演「明日の記憶」。

There is a Japanese movie called "memories of tomorrow" starring Ken Watanabe.
Watanabe is a world-famous Japanese actor.

"memories of tomorrow" is such a movie.
The main character, who worked hard as an advertising businessman,
Sudden "juvenile Alzheimer's disease" and rapid loss of memory occur. The main character and his wife are gradually driven into a corner after losing the job that supported their hearts. How will they end? It's sad, but it's a masterpiece that will leave a big impression at the end.




If I tell my friend about this movie,
"If you get an incurable disease and despair, you can't find meaning in life.
I still don't understand the meaning of life. (* Summary) (If that happens, what should I do?)
I got the impression that.

It is a good opportunity, so I will tell you my way of thinking as a Buddhist.

To all life and existence
Nothing is meaningless.
As long as there is a bad heart which springs out of the human body,
Some things look so evil and meaningless that you say, "Get out of here." when you look at the world from your own eyes.
It's just that my eyes are cloudy.
That is the limit of the human creature, and it can be said that it is a very silly and selfish mind.

Pity him for his folly;
Amitabha gives a helping hand in the form of nenbutsu.
"Namu Amidabutsu (na mu a mi da bu tsu)"
To recite this word, Amida, the Buddha,
They are right next to us in the form of "voices."




Shakyamuni preached about the Pure Land of Amitabha.
In Bussetsu Amida-kyo Sutra (Buksetsu Amidakyo)
"Blue, blue, yellow, yellow, red, red, white, white"
(Shoshiki, Shoko, Oshiki, Shoko)
[[PDEFINE ~ TFFS _ Shakespeare]]
"Blue is blue,
Yellow is yellow.
Red is red.
White is white. "
colorful flowers and strange stones
There is a description that each of them shines with their own individuality.
This is as it is.
It can be replaced as an example of each person's personality.

Translating further descriptions,
The personalities of people in this world
Both Gokuraku Jodo and Bansho (every event in life)
(Perhaps there are "gods" that are distributed all over the world.)
Amida Buddha is the path of salvation called Nenbutsu.
Because I want you to notice the existence of Amida Buddha.
It means that it is a figure that has changed.
It can be interpreted that Bussetsu Amida-kyo Sutra is an example.

"There is no medicine to stop or cure early-onset Alzheimer's.
Then say "You will die slowly."!! 」
("memories of tomorrow" from the play by Ken Watanabe)

It goes without saying that the suffering and death that comes one day are truly painful.
So what does the deceased live? Does it mean living?

Actually, self-death is not strictly prohibited in Jodo Shinshu.
The choice to give up one's life by oneself is also respected (JUST IN CASE...).

A great thinker whom I respected chose to commit suicide by drowning.
He chose to die before he was killed in old age.
It's very sad, but it's also a choice.
But I want to believe that not many people wanted to die.
There must have been a lot of people against him.
But I don't think "whip the dead" is a Japanese way of thinking, and at least I personally was really sad.



Amida,
When you become Buddha.
I pledged 48 big wishes.
In particular, "Vow 18"
It is the core of Jodo Shinshu.

"When I become God and Buddha,
that all people believe in,
I wish to be born in my country,
After only ten times of chanting,
If you can't be born,
I never reach enlightenment.
However, five kinds of crimes
(Father killed,
Mother Killing,
saint's slaughter,
The charge of inflicting bodily injury on Buddha.
the crime of destroying the unity of a religious community (group) and causing it to split

to commit these crimes,
Except those who slander the teachings of Buddha. 」

The salvation of Vow 18
It's incredibly powerful, huge,
Most people,
If you apply this wish,
It will be rescued.

But at the same time,
like "Five kinds of crimes"
There are exceptions. ".



Shinran Shonin, the founder of Jodo Shinshu (the True Pure Land Sect of Buddhism),
"Dai Muryoju-kyo Sutra"
The section of "exception" in Vow 18, which is stated in the sutra, has been annotated in an easy-to-understand manner.

I dare to write this exception:
to stop them from doing such stupid things
It's a warning.

I don't call suicide a foolish act.
The pain that gushes out of your body is beyond the reach of others.
As a result, if someone wants euthanasia,
It may be natural.
HOWEVER...
Except in such extreme cases, if there is still hope to be saved,
We hope they will rely on the "someone who can help". I want you to look for it.

For example,
In response to mass lynching
I especially want to say that to students who already want to die.

What you like,
As you wish to "I want you to be with me." to the person you like,
to wish his fellow-creatures and his family to live;
It's natural.

If that's the case, unless it's too much, there will always be people who stop trying to kill themselves.
Isn't this very similar to the "Amitabha Warning" I mentioned earlier?


We humans do not live alone.
They live because they want to live.
Family, friends, fans.

Even if they are abandoned by everything, they hope that Amida will live a strong life.
That's my faith, and in the Jodo Shinshu,
"wish" has been passed down endlessly through the efforts of high priests.
There is no one who was born without anyone's desire.
There is hope there.

Please. If it is difficult, please rely on others.
Please consult with me.
The world is much bigger than you think,
And the world is surprisingly small. Someone will definitely help.
Believe it and shout, "Help me!".


Amitabha wishes each and every person to think carefully about the meaning of his or her own life in various forms, such as trials in life.
I am trying to show the way to salvation through the trial.

At the same time, whenever you say it in your mouth or in your head,
It is in the form of the word "Namu Amidabutsu" and it stands close to me.

If that is the case, at least Amida is expected and expected to "Live." so don't you think there is hope there? I think so.

and if he is saved, he cannot help but convey his joy. As long as everyone lives, everyone lives with a mission.
I believe and hope so, I am a believer of the sect of Buddhism and Jodo Shinshu.


"I was writing... I was writing a diary when I noticed...
If you are going to disappear...
I thought I had to leave something...

This is Ken Watanabe's desperate line.
It was his mission in life to leave his mark.
I feel so.


At the end of the movie, his wife comes to pick him up.
His wife says, "I'll be with you forever...!".
But how did the main character respond?
*・ Please watch the movie.

The last part of the movie, after that, is not described.
But I can imagine to some extent.
It is clear to everyone that a difficult road awaits us.
But at least she chose to live with her husband.
His most precious figure is like Amida.

Relationships are hope.
It's hard, it's sad, it's fun...
Even if it is sometimes hard to wrap them up,
I live close to that life.
That's what we mean by life,
I think it's a mission,
What do you think after reading this?

Hopefully, you can only pray for nenbutsu right next to your life.
Namu Amidabutsu...

コメント